Monday, August 25, 2008

Soccer Woes

I started my weekend cooking brunch for my super sweet husband. I know he just looooves the smell of my bacon fry'in... and then he gets a plate of substitute egg product and toast. You see my husband is a vegetarian and I wanted to be a supportive wife so I tried the whole veggie thing for about a month, but there's just only so much bread and cheese one person can eat. Grilled cheese, cheese pizza, nachos with cheese... you see I'm not much a vegetable eater to begin with soooo, I was pretty much starving. I admit it- I LOVE MEAT!

D. had her first soccer game in KC, poor thang- I didn't think it would be possible for her to be on a worse team than she played on in Lexington, but I was wrong. I think they got beat like
10-nothing.

A quick note to any parents that have a kid that plays soccer: If (1) you and (2) your kid thinks they're the next David Beckham, don't sign them up for recreational league soccer***join the competitive league! Because let me tell you what everyone thinks about you and your little "soccer prodigy" as you stand screaming and smiling on the sidelines. We know that your the kind of parent who WANTS their kid to stand-out in the crowd, to look like they're the BEST- when really they wouldn't be "SPECIAL" at all if they played in the competitive league. So while our kids are trying to learn and have fun, your kid is grunting as they kick the ball, and arm pumping after they've made their 3rd goal after plowing down innocent bystanders, and you are screaming and hollering on the side. (It's embarrassing- REALLY!)

CONGRATS! to super-cutie Carl with his win over whiny-baby Kyle!

No comments: