Friday, October 3, 2008

It's official: KY here we come!!!





Lil'bit and I will be going to Ky for 8 great days, I can't wait. While we're there we plan on going to Keeneland at least once, visiting Two sisters pumpkin patch and getting the perfect pumpkin, Court Days, and of course family and friends. We are sooo excited!!! I really miss Ky and all the things you take for granted that you don't realize how much you miss them until it's no longer there. I miss the Sunday dinners my 85 year old granny still cooks every week and lil'bit misses her Tuesday night soup bean night (me-yuck,her-yum), breaking beans and husking corn on the back porch and being lazy after dinner on the front porch, watching the kids play tag and chase in the yard (no video games there), oh yea and there's no cell service up the holler where my granny lives. Yes there are places like this that still do exist, where you can forget all the stresses of modern life and just enjoy those forgotten times of a life from the past. I love my granny and miss her so much.

1 comment:

Gina said...

First, I love your blog's new look! And I am shocked at how much we have in common...sorta!

A)My husband drag races, he says that he doesn't have the patients for Nascar, he's an immediate gradification kinda of guy.

B)I lived in Nashville for 5 yrs and my heart literally ached to come home. I felt homesick almost constantly when I lived in TN. I feel ya girl.

C)I, too, will be at Court Days! My family owns Big Red's Liquor
(and Mike's Liquor and Route 11 Liquor). We always stay in the apartments above BigRed's...which, if you don't remember, is on the main street, on the corner where the street turns into brick. It's on the lot where the Kiwanis use to sell country ham and pork tend. sandwiches...remember?

Anywho, I will be there all 4 days so you should come up to the apartment and meet me! Can't wait!